Monday, September 29, 2008

Trying again...

One of the questions we get a lot now is whether or not we will try again. We’ve said for a long time we wanted four children, so why not go ahead and try again for a fourth child? First off, we have four children. If we try again, it will be for number five. I think Kimberly would be open to it right away. Somehow, it doesn’t feel quite right yet to me. I mean, our kids are all about two years apart. I may feel differently later, but right now what I want to do is wait about a year and then start trying. That way Isaac would always have his spot in the family. And kiddo #5 would not feel like a replacement. Not to us or them. Kids grow up and figure stuff out. It wouldn’t be fair to leave our child with questions over whether we really wanted them, or if we were just “righting a wrong” after Isaac’s death. At the same time, there is room in our family for another child. And neither of us really feel like we’re done having kids.

For now, maybe a puppy. The kids would love one, I would love one, Kimberly would…tolerate one. We planned to get a dog when we moved into our new house anyway (which may or may not ever happen…more on that later). Anyone know a good Mastiff breeder??? =)
For those who don't know, I have hounded (pun intended) Kimberly about a mastiff for years. She thinks they are "too big". Yeah, yeah, whatever. Like a 200-pound dog is that much different than any other...indoor horse. She's heard all my arguments, please feel free to offer new ones.

5 comments:

Mel said...

Well, my dog only weighs a mere 110 lbs. but he is great. Keisha was a sweet little "kick" dog, but Copper is more...... dog like? I dunno. I'm pretty sure that I'll never have anything but labs from now on. I do really apreciate having a big yard for him now though.

As for the wait/ don't wait issue.... If you asked my opinion, I would likely encourage you to wait a bit. Then again, you didn't actually ask and I don't give free advice. : )

Kimberly said...

Mastiffs drool too much.

ERW said...

You drool too much. And we keep you around.

Anonymous said...

Not all Mastiffs drool like the ones in the movies. Our first one had smaller jowls and she drooled a lot more. Keisha drools after she drinks, (although it really isn't drool, it's water that gets stuck in her jowls), and when she gets excited around a lot of people.

Kimberly said...

I can't believe you actually wrote that I drool! You are such a liar. :)